Central vacuum systems are a type of vacuum cleaner in which a central unit is in a remote location in your house or business. Central vacuum cleaners collect dirt through outlets connected to tubing installed behind your walls, and through this the dirt travels to the central unit.
Central vacuuming allows you to vacuum with ease because you don’t need to carry a vacuum around. All you need to vacuum is a hose and a power brush unit.
A central vacuum system has many advantages over more common portable vacuum cleaners that include:
- Convenience and safety advantages: It eliminates the worry about hauling a heavy portable unit around, the power cord length, or the possible injury from tripping over cords. Just simply plug the brush unit and hose into a wall inlet instead.
- Healthier air quality: Collected dust is sent through tubing behind walls to remotely located main unit. No more leaky air bags to worry about!
- More power: The permanent power units of central vacuum systems have a motor that has more power than that of traditional, portable vacuum cleaners.
- Increased home value: Installing a central vacuum system in your house increases the value of your home in the event of a sale.
- Quiet: Because of their remote locations, these larger central vacuum units cause almost no noise pollution in comparison to that of portable vacuum cleaners.